Sunday, December 30, 2012

AISHIT

As the rest of the world is moving forward in their support of women's cycling, it appears Australia is taking a different approach.

After one of their most successful years in quite a while (minus the Olympics), word on the street is that the women's AIS road program will make massive cuts for 2013. I guess the powers to be have their knickers in a twist after a poorer than expected showing at the Olympics, and the fact that girls they overlooked (think Rowney and Neylan), have been some of the breakthrough Aussie riders in 2012. Sour grapes anyone?

In another smart move, apparently all the national coaching contracts were renewed just before the Olympics. I wish my teachers gave me As and passed me to the next grade before I even sat the test! So it appears the boys club lives on, while the girls suffer the consequences. And we thought USUCK were bad! How bout AISHIT?!

No comments:

Post a Comment